- Funded by the Jack Prize fund, for the most outstanding PhD student in Mathematics at the University of Glasgow over the preceeding 3 years.
- 2016 - present: Jack Reseach Fellow, University of Glasgow.
- 2014 - 2016: Affiliate, University of Glasgow.
- 2009 - 2014: EPSRC-funded PhD Student, University of Glasgow.
- 2004-2009: MMath Mathematics (1st Class), University of St Andrews.
Supervisors: Steve Pride and Tara Brendle.
Geometric and combinatorial group theory, in particular:
- Outer automorphism groups,
- Residual finiteness,
- One-relator groups,
- Hyperbolic groups,
- Aspherical presentations, with connections to topology,
- CAT(0) cubical complexes,
- Computational aspects of geometric and combinatorial group theory, including implementations of algorithms in GAP (with Marcus Pfeiffer).
- Office: Room 333, Maths and Stats Building
- Mail: c/o School of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Glasgow, University Gardens, Glasgow, G12 8QW, UK
- Email: Firstname (dot) Lastname (at) glasgow (dot) ac (dot) uk