A LMS undergraduate research school at
the University of Glasgow.
A preliminary reading list is now on the lecture courses page.
Monday 16th of July to Friday the 27th of July, 2018.
The research school will be held in the School of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Glasgow. The school is aimed at UK undergraduates in the penultimate year of a mathematics degree programme who are potentially interested in persuing a research career in mathematics.Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served in "Scran" which is a restaurant on the top floor of the Queen Margaret Union, which is building D3 on the map. Breakfast and lunch will work on a voucher scheme. The breakfast and lunch price lists are here and here. The application deadline has now passed and we cannot accept any more applications. If you have been accepted to participate in the research school, you should have been contacted by the LMS regarding the registration fee.
The research school will consist of six lecture course:
- The Compactness Theorem - Mike Prest (University of
- The word problem in combinatorial group and semigroup theory - Robert Gray
(University of East Anglia)
- Local-Global Principles in Number Theory - Shaun Stevens (University of East Anglia)
- Introduction to Schubert varieties - Martina Lanini (University of
Università di Roma Tor Vergata)
- Fun with solitons - Derek Harland (University of
- Optimal Transport Theory - David Bourne (Durham University)