Welcome to my academic home page hosted by the School of Mathematics and Statistics of the University of Glasgow.
Use the above menu to move between the different sections of this page.
If you are looking for media related to my research area, e.g. seminar/conference slides, then have a look at the "Research" section.
I'm currently working, together with my supervisor, Dr. Joachim Zacharias, towards the definition of a bivariant version of the Cuntz semigroup for C*-algebras.
As far as we know, this is a completely new area nobody has explored yet, so in this research project we're trying to lay down the foundations for an analogue of Kasparov's KK-Theory, as much as the ordinary Cuntz semigroup is the analogue of the K0 group in K-Theory.
Here follows a list of talks I've given on the topic:
- Towards the Bivariant Cuntz Semigroup, Mathematisches Institut, Fachbereich Mathematik und Informatik der Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster (January 14, 2013), Münster, Germany (slides).
- Tutor for the 2E course Introduction to Real Analysis, School of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Glasgow, 2012/13
- Tutor for the 2T course Discrete Mathematics, School of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Glasgow, 2012/13
- Tutor for the 2C course Topics in Applied Mathematics, School of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Glasgow, 2012/13
- Tutor for the 2M course Financial Modelling, School of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Glasgow, 2012/13
- Invigilator for the Maths Skills Test, University of Glasgow, 2012/13
- Perini, C. and Tornetta G. N., A scale-covariant quantum space-time (submitted to Rev. Math. Phys, arXiv:1211.7050)
Short CV in preparation
Download my full CV: pdf
To contact me on social media use the buttons below my picture on the left of this page.
|Email:||g (dot) tornetta (dot) 1 (at) research (dot) gla (dot) ac (dot) uk|
School Of Mathematics And Statistics
University Of Glasgow
15 University Gardens
Glasgow, G12 8QW