Our group are engaged in various outreach activities, including:
- As a STEM Ambassador, Andy Wand creates and delivers presentations to local schools, introducing students to concepts such as non-Euclidean geometries, and disproving the Pythagorean Theorem. Ask him about constructing your very own Hyperbolic Space Generator!
- Our members participate in the annual Glasgow Science festival.
- Our members present Royal Institution Masterclasses for S3 students on Saturday mornings in the Autumn term.
- Tara Brendle is a member of Making Maths Count, a Scottish government profile-raising group.
- We are actively involved in Maths Week Scotland, aimed at school pupils throughout Scotland.
If you are interested in engaging with us, from arranging potential school visits to any other outreach activities, please contact one of our members.