Christian Korff's Personal Web Page
Korff (Reader/Associate Professor)
15 University Gardens
Glasgow G12 8QW
Before coming to Glasgow in October 2006 I held positions
at City University London, the University of Edinburgh and the C.N. Yang
Institute for Theoretical Physics at Stony Brook, New York. I completed my PhD
at the Freie Universitaet Berlin, Germany.
I held a University Research Fellowship of the Royal Society Oct 2004 - Dec 2012. A full CV can be found here.
I am interested in areas where algebra and representation theory meet
problems arising in physical systems. My research focusses on quantum
integrable models connected with solutions of the Yang-Baxter
equation. The latter include exactly solvable lattice models in
statistical mechanics, quantum many body systems and lower dimensional
quantum field theories.
You can find details about my publications here:
Available PhD projects can be found here. Application deadline is the end of December each calendar year. Please consult the School's PhD web pages if you are considering an application.
- Tropical geometry and integrable systems (P); EPSRC Mathematical Sciences Small Grant with Chris Athorne (Glasgow, 2011) GBP 22,910
- Quantum integrable systems and infinite dimensional algebras (P); Royal Society University Research Fellowship (extension 2009-2012) GBP 338,708
- Discrete integrable systems and the crystal
limit of quantum integrable models (C); British Council Cooperation Research Award with the U of Tokyo joint with the ISMP group (Glasgow 2008-11) GBP 37,346
- Geometric Aspects of Discrete and Ultra-discrete Integrable Systems (C); London Mathematical Society grant joint with Jon Nimmo and Claire Gilson (Glasgow, 2009) GBP 4,800
- q-deformed algebras symmetric functions and quantum integrable systems (P); The Nuffield Foundation, funding for summer project with R Fornear (Glasgow 2008) GBP 1,400
- INSTANS Short Visit Grant (P); European Science Foundation travel grant to visit J.-S. Caux at U of Amsterdam (Amsterdam, 2008) EUR 706
- Integrable Systems: Linear and Nonlinear Dynamics III (C); EPSRC Mathematical Sciences Small Grant with Ian Strachan (Glasgow, 2007) GBP 10,623
- Lectures on the chiral Potts model by Prof Rinat Kedem (P); Edinburgh Mathematical Society research grant joint with Robert Weston, Heriot-Watt (Glasgow, 2007) GBP 633
- New developments in correlation functions of integrable lattice models (P); EPSRC Mathematical Sciences Small Grant (City U, 2005) GBP 5,233
- Quantum integrable systems and infinite dimensional algebras (P); Royal Society University Research Fellowship (2004-2009) GBP 250,000 (non FEC)
- Affine algebras in integrable models of statistical mechanics and QFT (P); EPSRC Postdoctoral Fellowship in Mathematics (Edinburgh U, 2002-4) GBP 75,462 (non FEC)
last modified: December 2013